It’s never a good idea to leave on eye makeup overnight. It can smear and give you an unsightly look in the morning or get into your eyes and possibly cause an infection. The skin around the eye area is sensitive and all makeup should be taken off with caution.
No matter how tired you are after a fun night out; never sleep with your make up on. Although your skin might not react to this ill habit immediately; however in the long run, it will really affect the quality and texture of your skin around your eyes.
Do you use lotion, bar soap or your regular face cleanser to remove eye makeup and mascara? The skin delicate skin around your eyes is seven times thinner then the skin on the rest of your face. It should be cleansed gently with the use of a makeup remover designed to care for your eye area. Follow these simple steps to keep your eye area healthy, and remove your eye makeup effectively:
· Baby oil and olive oil both have the ability to remove reusable makeup remover pads eye makeup. Soak a cotton ball with the oil and wipe over the area to take off the makeup. You may want to use a dry cotton ball afterward to soak up any excess oil.
· Apply petroleum jelly to the area. Petroleum jelly is best used to remove eye shadow. Place a dab on your finger and wipe over the eyelids. Remove with a wash cloth.
· Buy a liquid eye makeup remover. You can purchase inexpensive makeup removers that are particularly effective in getting off waterproof mascara. Use a cotton ball or cloth to apply the product to your face.
· Try baby shampoo. Tear-less baby shampoo is an option that many women with sensitive skin use. Use a cotton ball to apply the shampoo to the eye area. Rinse off with a wet washcloth.
· Rinse your face after eye makeup removal to get rid of any eye makeup residue. Splash your face thoroughly with water.
One of the last things women usually do before getting into bed is remove their makeup, and many use natural oils for this task. These oils include the olive oil in your kitchen cupboard, the jojoba oil you might be using as a moisturizer and even the Castor oil that has a variety of medicinal uses. Once you’ve decided if you want to use just one or experiment with a few, all you need are cotton pads or cotton balls and a little water to get to work removing your eye makeup.