Obstetrics and Gynecology is the specialty that focuses on the treatment of women. Gynecology focuses on maternity care before birth, support pregnant and after treatment when gynecologist is facing the general health of women, focusing on female genitalia. The experts asked the obstetrician midwife, while women have gynecological diseases expert.
Both these two specialties obstetrics and gynecology clumped together because both involve in caring for women. Specialties are the maternal and prenatal care, where management obstetric high-risk pregnancy, as well as family planning and reproductive health, endocrinology, hormones, research on the reproductive system.
Practitioner of obstetrics and gynecology called an OB/GYN. Many OB/GYNs are women, although many male doctors talent working in this discipline too. The reason behind this is that obstetrics and gynecology deals with sensitive female subjects, some patients prefer to work with 婦科中醫 female doctors, especially those who are concerned about shyness and decency. In obstetrics in rural areas and basic services provided by practitioners who have no special training, but can still provide the desired benefits to their patients.
An obstetrician/gynecologist are a physician specialist who provides medical and surgical care of women and has particular expertise in pregnancy, childbirth and genital disorders. This includes preventive care, prenatal care and detection of sexually transmitted diseases, Pap smears and family planning.
OB/GYNs may choose to specialize in the following areas:
• Acute and Chronic Disease
• Behavioral problems of adolescents
• Maintaining health during pregnancy
• Operative Gynecology Infertility Pregnancy and Childbirth
• Preventative health
• Urinary tract disorders
Maternal / Fetal Medicine
* Concerned with the care and consultation for patients with complications during pregnancy
* Requires knowledge of obstetrics, medical and surgical complications for the mother and fetus, the current methods of diagnosis and treatment, adaptation and neonatal
* Concerned about the consultation and comprehensive treatment of patients with gynecological cancer
* Requires knowledge of the treatment of major cancers, diagnosis and complications of cancer
Endocrinology of Reproduction and Infertility
* Reproductive endocrinology and infertility do with the management of complex problems relating to infertility and reproductive endocrinology
* Requires information on the diagnosis and treatment of hormonal disorders and infertility.